Windows 8 or Windows 2012 can not be installed / can not run on VMware vSphere version 4 and earlier versions . Windows 8 and Windows server 2012 can only run with vSphere version 5 .
But there are tricks for Windows 8 and 2012 in order to run on vSphere 4.0 or version 4.1
• Download file bios.440.rom
• Create a new Virtual Machine ( Create new Virtual Machine )
• Set as a Guest Operating System Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
• Once completed, do not play / do not run
• Extract the zip file that was downloaded , then upload the file bios.440.rom extract the folder to the virtual machine that you created earlier . ( Go to the Storage menu and right click on the browse datastore and then upload the file )
• Then download files virtualmachine.vmx ( virtualmachine = name of the virtual machine and make ) from the virtual machine folder , then edit using Notepad , add the following to the last line ::
bios440.filename = "bios.440.rom"
mce.enable = TRUE
cpuid.hypervisor.v0 = FALSE
vmGenCounter.enable = FALSE
• Then Save
• Upload the file to the folder virtualmachine.vmx virtual machine (to the place of origin)
• Ready to install Windows 8 or Windows 2012.